Sunday, January 5, 2014

Cheers to 2014!!!

Wow, I'm sure ready for this year! I don't think I know a single person who had a smooth 2013. We've got a fresh start each day, but a fresh year, that's exhilarating! I learned a bunch about myself last year, I grew even more. I went through really, really, sad times and tough moments. My heart hasn't hurt that much in a long time, but I made it through. Thanks to my amazing Central Coast friends; my local family, I can say it was difficult but I NEVER felt alone. I lost love in more ways than I can describe. Yet, I gained a new found love of my true self. Sounds cheesy, yeah maybe. But, I don't care. I am on a new path with a wonderful group of derby sisters, incredible friendships, a thriving new business, a baseball job I absolutely love, the football gig of my dreams, and a new adventure that will take me back into the restaurant business. At Kanpai in Shell Beach, I'll be surrounded by my favorite food, and a family who has welcomed me in, trusting me to help them share their delicious menu with our Central Coast community. So, today I toast the beauty of a fresh start and the love we can all CHOOSE to have in our lives each day. It doesn't always last as long as we'd like, but, you still gotta go for it. Because a strong, deep, but brief love is better than no love at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment