Monday, August 1, 2011

Time moves slooooooly!!!

August 1st, just about a month away from the reality of it all. A long time growing, living, thinking and writing. Not really knowing when or if it would ever happen. Now it's here, it's finally here. But the days are moving like a tortoise on a sandy beach. Writing is done, pictures are done, cover is done, printing is this next phase. And for me, waiting is the space I'm in now. I sit here, think about: did I put everything in that I meant to. Did I give everyone the truest sense of my experiences? Was I fair to myself or the other people in the book? Did I tell each story in the most interesting and honest manner?
I feel good about the whole thing, but it still seems like years away. When I have it in my hand, when I'm looking at it, with my name on it...then I'll believe. Until then, I'll just wait. I'll wait like we did as kids to get to finally arrive at our vacation spot. I'll wait like we did in the ice cream line for our scoops to be placed in the cup or cone. I'll wait like we do at the DMV, the doctor's office, or for to go food at our favorite restaurant . I'll be patient, at least I'll try.
Until then, I'm starting book #2...Derby, Love, life & Jams...Full Girl on Girl Contact! Wow, I'm really a published author, working on my second book...for reals!!!???

1 comment: