Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Reading the book, one more time...

I did at one point in this entire process of writing No Girls Allowed: The Jock & Jill Mentality of Sports Broadcasting, actually enjoy reading my book. Now, it's time number 25...whew! Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic, informative and really entertaining read, it's just hard to re-live my life one more time. I thought the intensity of the struggle would maybe weaken, but each time I read the section on my time getting to do play by play of a game at Syracuse, I get frustrated, AGAIN! I sure hope women are being treated better around college sports radio and TV stations now. It was a long time ago, but each time I read it, argh! It's still strong. Or the time in Florida when my jerk partner talked so nasty about a 13 year old gymnast. He was such a egomaniac and a little nuts too. The time I crawled under a desk at WQAM in Miami because my interview with Brian Bosworth got so totally messed up was such an embarrassment.
It's been fun, I've actually reconnected with quite a few people over the last couple months since the book release is so close. I'm excited for people to see what I've done, where I've been, who I've interviewed and how it's turned out so far. My career is far from over, but it's been a crazy ride, that's for sure! Each time I read the book I think of one more person who was great to me. The list of jerks is actually not as long as the list of cool people I encountered. That's kind of a relief, looking back at it all now. I'm excited for what's coming next for me. I have no idea what it is, but whatever the universe offers me, I'll be ready. October 8th...gets a bit closer each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment