Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Major League Baseball shows it's heart...

What a weekend it was in the majors...from tragedy to sadness, to elation, to triumph, to excitement and beyond. This is truly why baseball is the best professional sport out there. From the poor Texas crowd, watching a man fall to his death. From Josh Hamilton's painful struggles and past life to his recovery and re-emergence into the sport...to his baseball toss and last week's devastating death in his home ball park. To Josh's HR to win the game over the weekend, to his ability to shake the guilt and sadness and continue playing the game. Derek Jeter's weekend was a major accomplishment as well.
Man, I love this game. I love the history, the tradition and the stories. Baseball may have been passed by other sports in revenue and popularity, but it will always be my favorite. My Dodgers are killing me right now, not the actually guys on the field, but the front office and the soap opera led by the nuts McCourt clan, argh! I thank MLB for stepping in, it's embarrassing, but it's hopeful. I hope we get past this time in Dodger baseball, and get back to the game itself, on the field, in the stands and amongst the elite in the game again...I'm dreaming, I like to dream, my life's been a dream, my book is a dream. So, I'll never give up on dreams! Cheers, to dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment