Thursday, September 1, 2011

Death...Family...Love

Funny how things happen. One day everything seems like it's moving forward quite smoothly...then BAM! something blindsides you. Well, that's what hit my world this week. Book in print, pre-sales next week, book signing early next month, and public sales first of November. Getting more comfortable with my volleyball team and season getting underway, when...BAM! first scrimmage shows up and things feel scattered. Too much to handle. I know I am strong, I know it will pass, I know I will survive. I always do. But, I liked the smooth for the time I had it. Now, I must deal with grief, new beginnings, failure, waiting, sadness, disappointment, loss, and fear...aaaah, fear, that's a tough one!
Isn't most pain based on fear anyway? So, when it shows up, why are we so surprised? Why are we so unprepared, at first? Why does it hurt so badly? I have none of these answers, but I do have hope, faith, dreams and energy to push through, to persevere amidst all the pain, suffering and challenges. Wow, did I just try to convince myself that all of this is temporary in my blog? In front of others? On a computer screen? Yep. I did, and that to me is strong and courageous, but also friggin' scary as heck!!! There, that fear thing again. I cannot wait until next week, but I'm ready for tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. Life is like a river, at times turbulent with rocks and waterfalls, and other times tranquil and serene. Yet the beauty of life is that it's always flowing and we along with it. There are moments of fear and others of bliss, and oh what a great ride. Loved the blog. May next week live up to your dreams.

    ReplyDelete