Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I may not be on the radio today, but...

Now that the book is done. Yes, I said that, MY BOOK IS DONE! It's ready for public sales in a few weeks, you can pre-order it now at www.cjsilas.net. I've got my second book assignment and more time to think about the world of sports. I may not be on the radio today, but...I think about the stories, the people and the games everyday. And, I've got an opinion! For some reason, even though being in third place in the NL west isn't first place, it feels good to take two of three from the enemy over the weekend. As long as the Dodgers finish ahead of the Giants the season won't be a complete loss.
You may think I'm crazy, or already know I have those tendencies, but, this will prove it. I recently got a backwards LA tattoo on my back. It's a small one, a tattoo on my derby girl, but it's definitely backwards! I never, ever want to forget just how bad the energy of the Dodgers has been over the last year. Frank McCourt and his completely nuts wife have ruined us for the time being. That doesn't mean we Dodger fans will not recover, we surely will! But, these two knuckleheads have made it really hard to enjoy much about the 2011 season. Please, boys in blue, please, at least finish ahead of the orange and black, PLEASE!!!
I don't know why I'm not as excited about the NFL season being back as everyone else. I'm more pumped up for college this year. There are issues in every league of every sports at every level. But, I'm pulling for college to have a good strong year. I must admit, because I've been out of the loop working on my book over the last several months I cannot keep track of which team is in which conference. As long as this gets us closer to a college football post season playoff bracket, then I'm all for it.
The NBA season is in jeopardy...for some reason I don't care. My love for the Lakers and loyalty for 30+ years has dwindled a bit over the years because, because, because...I'm not a fan of kobe at all. I refuse to change teams, but I'm holding out for the next era. Lame to some, I know. But, he's such a egomaniac with that sense of entitlement that so annoys me. I would find a way back with the addition of Kevin Garnett for sure!!! But, that's not going to happen, I can dream can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment