Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Now, will people buy it?

I wrote it. I re-wrote it. I re-wrote it again and again and again. We edited it, we edited more. We read it, we read it again and again. I read it more. My publisher read it more. My mom read it more.
It goes to print...
We wait...
We wait...
We wait...

It comes off the truck in nine boxes.
The truck driver opens one box.
He holds up the book.
It's mine, my book, the book I wrote!!!

He unloads the boxes into my garage.
I stand alone in the garage and open a book.
I wrote a freakin' book!!!

I notice a couple mistakes, one on the cover and one on the title page.
I try not to freak.
I freak.
The book signing is in five days.
How do we fix that???

We fix the cover.
We re-cover all of the nine boxes of books.
We have a great turnout and an amazing book signing.
We sell out that day.

We fix the errors.
Now it's all on pre-order at www.cjsilas.net.

I wait now.
I market now.
I promote now.

Then...I hope...and wait...and hope and wait.
Now, we wait, we wait, we hope, I hope...I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment