Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Coming down after a Triathlon...

Oh man, what an experience. I dedicated my world to a short triathlon over the past seven months and it was AWESOME! If you do triathlons on a regular basis, a) you're a rock star, b) you're a rock star and c) you're a rock star! I so admire people that can give that much time to a sport. I am extremely competitive whenever I compete. But being a triathlete, that's a completely different animal. I think if I had focused only on the three events, swimming, biking and running it would have been easier to handle. But, I didn't want to take Roller Derby, hiking or CrossFit out of my routine. Those activities did help my cross training and success in the race, but man was I tired from the rush after I finally competed. The adrenaline took me a long way, but I certainly crashed about 48 hours after the event. I swam 1/4 mile, biked 10 miles and ran 3 miles...seems small, but it was big to this girl. Thanks to Chad Franco of CrossFit Five Cities, Massage Therapist Michelle Miller, Amy Kueffler @ Avila Bay Athletic Club & Spa and Physical Therapist Jeff Miller. These are the folks that supported me and made this competition a reality. I even came in 4th woman in my age group. Will I do another one myself? Probably not, but I feel accomplished, it's something I'd always wanted to do. Whew, now it's done and I can get to planning my physical challenge for 2015. Plus, we have three more Roller Derby bouts this season. I'm glad I have time to think about next years challenge while I skate in circles getting my butt kicked!...while CELEBRATING doing my first triathlon!

No comments:

Post a Comment