Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Another year...

I love June, summer is here, the best fruits and vegetables are in peak season and it's my birthday month, Woot Woot! As I creep closer to 50, reeeeaaaally close, I sit present in my perspective, my life, my surroundings and my heart space. Looking back on the last year I have learned many lessons and received even more blessings & gifts. I did my first Triathlon, and probably my last. I went back to my alma mater (Syracuse University) for the first time in 24+ years. I visited my east coast family for Thanksgiving and fell in love with all of them. I vow to see that part of my Silas clan way more often from now forward. I learned a few things too; love isn't always what we want it to be and loving ourself is the MOST important love of all. I know my precious dog is in the second half of her life. This means, I will spend even more time with her as the months pass. I figured out how to listen to my body, take better care of it and rest at least one full day a week. I vow to laugh and smile as much as humanly possible! I vow to think with my heart, not with my mind. I vow to save my time for those who appreciate what I have to give. I vow to breathe fresh air often, from the top of a hill most of the time. I vow to give love to those who will honor it and love me back, unconditionally. I vow to only allow people close if they are trustworthy, honest, transparent and true! I vow to treat people kindly and stand up for myself to be treated kindly. I vow to love myself more now than ever because I have to be with me from start to finish. I'm even thinking of vowing to swing 10,000 Kettlebells during the month of July (to raise money for B4BC). Now, that one sounds CRAZY! But, I just might do it. What are your vows?

No comments:

Post a Comment