Monday, July 13, 2015

Why 10,000 reps...

A couple of my buddies from Cal Poly Strength & Conditioning, Chris White and Chris Holder, have been swinging 10,000 kettlebells a couple times of year to perfect their swings and I guess, just because. In the spring of this year we talked about doing it together. I suggested, I would do it with them and why don't we make it a fundraiser. I mean, my goodness, if you're going to do something random and wacky like this, why not make some money for a great cause too? Did I mention, these guys are certified kettlebell trainers? Did I mention they're both the athletic trainers for Cal Poly? Did I mention they want to find any way they can to give back? Did I mention they're beasts? Here's my story. When my nephew Tanner was diagnosed with brain cancer at 10 years old, my family was shocked. When he died eight months later, we were devastated. That was over two years ago and I've had a lot of time to think and grieve. In my own grieving process I have been driven to do something. Maybe keep other families from dealing with the evil c-word. That's my story, what's yours? How can we help stop the disease madness on our planet, in our communities and amongst our closest family and friends? I don't have any factual evidence, but I know the world has changed and there are hundreds of sicknesses and diseases affecting our society that didn't exist before. How can we make a change and stop the downward spiral? I think if we all try to live a healthier lifestyle by exercising regularly, eating more fresh, local and organic produce/foods, it's a start. If you're feeling like I am about the decline of the health of our people, try making a few changes in your own life. We're raising money for B4BC (Boarding for Breast Cancer) this month in support of a group of folks who spend all of their time traveling to colleges and universities to educate young people on healthy eating and healthy living. Please, join our month long event, by exercising and/or donating to support what we're doing. www.classy.org/10000forprevention. Let's live in a prevention frame of mind rather than a reaction frame of mind!!! Thomas Edison once said, "The doctor of the future will give no medicine; instead he will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, nutrition and the cause and prevention of disease.”

No comments:

Post a Comment