Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hey there...go Phillies!

I'm hard at work the rewrite of my book, No Girls Allowed: The Jock and Jill
Mentality of Sports Broadcasting. Writing a memoir is a taxing project, mentality and emotionally, mostly because the
story is true, and sometimes the truth is tough to process. I'm giving the reader an inside glimpse of my experiences working in sports, including many years of sports
interviews, on and off the field. I can't believe it's come to this;
I'm finally a published author! I've worked at CBS SportsLine,
SportsFan Radio, Fox Sports Radio and ESPN Radio. I've spent time
covering the World Series, the Super Bowl, the Major League Baseball
Playoffs, the MLB All Star game and World Series, the French Open
Tennis Tournament, the NBA Championships and the NCAA Basketball
Tournament. All of these events (fleshed out with juicy insider details) make cameos in my memoir.
My book contains good stories with cool people, and hard stories with people
who made it difficult to work in, and feel good about, the sports broadcasting business. All
in all, it's a business I love, in spite of the undeniable fact that it's not an easy industry for a woman to thrive in.
Stay tuned for more updates on my writing progress (and process). Hey, I may even post some sneak previews of what's to come!

Top 5 Reasons I'm Rooting (Hard) for the Philadelphia Phillies to Win the
NLCS...

No comments:

Post a Comment